I was channel surfing as Alex was snoring in his chair tonight, and found a very disturbing show on TLC--TLC used to be one of my favorite channels. Stands for The Learning Channel--used to have some nice vanilla, safe shows, mostly about home improvment, family, home, style, and cooking. Now there is a show on called "Sister Wives"--wants us to believe that a polygamist who is only legally married to one woamn but "spiritually married" (whatever that means) to three others is perfectly okay. Glorifying adultery...great. I don't really want to "Explore the complex daily life of a polygamist family." ANd putting it on a TV channel called "the learning channel" is an insult to my intelligence and my sensibilities. Polygamy isn't mainstream and shouldn't be treated as such.
thoughts and ramblings about my different roles in life--as a wife, a mother, a nana, a grandma, a daughter, a sister, and an heir to the kingdom of God, and my struggle to relinquish control, and grow in His grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Baby boomers, born between 1946 and 1964, have lived through a lot. I know. I'm a boomer. But lately I feel as if I am slowly, inexorab...
-
All the furor and uproar over Lindsay Clancy, that poor excuse for a mother, has me spinning--I am astounded, no, I am disgusted at the out...
-
James, brother of Jesus, may have only written one short book in the Bible, but oh what words of wisdom and truth he shares under the guidan...
No comments:
Post a Comment