
All the furor and uproar over Lindsay Clancy, that poor excuse for a mother, has me spinning--I am astounded, no, I am disgusted at the outpouring of sympathy for that woman, a woman who cold-heartedly sent her husband away to pick up some dinner, Miralax, and then executed her own children.
Mental health crisis my ass.
Let's call it what it is: SIN
When Cain killed Abel, Cain was not having a mental health crisis. He murdered his brother. Out of selfishness. He SINNED.
When Abram did not trust God, and laid with Sara's servant, he wasn't having a hormonal overload. He SINNED.
When Herod killed all the babies under 2 years of age, he SINNED.
When King David took another man's wife, got her pregnant, and then sent that man to the front with no backup, causing him to be killed, he did not suffer from a command lapse of judgment. He SINNED.
When Peter denied he knew Christ, not once, not twice, but THREE times, he was not suffering from memory loss. He SINNED.
When Aaron capitulated to the crowd of Israelites, fashioned an idol for them to worship instead of the God who saved them from the Pharaoh, he was not overwhelmed with fear. He SINNED.
I am not going to qualify or ameliorate Ms. Clancy by labeling her with postpartum depression. I am not going to blame the pharmacist, the doctors, or the counslors who tried to help her and failed. I blame that mother, a woman given three precious gifts, for killing them with her own hands. She SINNED.
When I speak harshly to my spouse, or my daughter, or to anyone, it is not because I am in bad mood, had a bad day, or am having a hard time with my life. I SIN.
When we put our desires above God's law, that is SIN.
In this post Christian world, we have watered down God, faith, good, and evil so much so that our morals have devolved into a homogenous, gelatinous goo. Good is bad, bad is good. Folks quote Holy Scripture, go to church, talk about God, but no one seems to listen to Him anymore. We spend more time on social media than we spend in church, in prayer, or in His word (myself included). The society has morphed into an organism of individuals where the individual is more important than the group. Mantras abound; "reproductive rights," "love is love," "it is what it is," "anything goes," "you do you, I'll do me," and now "I am Lindsay" take over the social media channels, the news, and our time. People struggle to respond, to make sense of it, and we form yet another club to join. We spend our days screaming at each other from our keyboards, cursing at people we have never met, thinking we can convince someone to side with us on whatever the cause is: politics, religion, climate change, culture, or whether or not our town needs a new fast food restaurant.
I am sick to death of this nation's obsession with self, and its abandonment of God, His laws, and His Son.
We do not need more mental health awareness.
We need more God awareness.
No comments:
Post a Comment