Monday, March 7, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane


Well, we thought we were leaving many times last week...for 96 hours we kept getting put on different flight manifests, given different show times (always at least 4 hours before the flight), and for what should be a 4 hour flight it took nearly 5 days. Five days of mud and lugging bags back and forth (and they get heavier every time). Five days of sleeping on a floor or cot or crappy mattress (usually about 2 hours of sleep max). Five days of traveling with the same 20 or so people--but that was actually a good part (except for a couple of incidents where an Army officer got a bit overzealous with his perceived authority). Anyway, here is a picture of me being extremely excited that we may finally (after 2 days) be taking off. Little did I know we'd get stranded somewhere worse...for 2 more days! Next time I have a delayed Delta or United flight, I will laugh at the folks who get impatient when they have to wait for an extra hour!

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...