Monday, May 27, 2013

Take me out to the Ball Game!

Today I had a GREAT time!  Alex and I went to a local minor league game featuring the Tides (baby Orioles) and Scranton (baby Yankees).  All the sounds and the smells and the sights of the good ol' American pastime right there--hot dogs, peanuts, cold beer.  Cotton candy on a stick.  Kids running the bases after the game.  Good natured people--not too loud, not too boring.  Best of all, we spent it in the company of our beautiful daughter, Becky, and son-in-law Ben, and three of their friends.  Here are some photos of the great time we had--you can almost smell the popcorn!











No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...