Wednesday, July 15, 2015

quest for more review

Yep, still reading about the perennial struggle between our little kingdom of self and God's big (true) kingdom--what I initially thought was one chapter on the subject turned out to be three.  At first, I'm thinking "enough already, Tripp!  Quit beating a dead horse!"  But the more I read on, the more it hit home.  Sure, I'm a Christian, saved by the grace of God by Jesus' death on the cross.  Sure, I know I don't deserve it, didn't earn it, and know I cannot lose it.   But am I communicating this in my life, in my daily interactions with even my husband and my family?  Or am I caught up in self?  When I tell folks I will pray for them, or ask for their prayers, is it really for God's glory or to put the focus on me?  When I tell someone of an answered prayer, where is my focus?  And what if the answer is not one I prefer?

The FINAL QUESTION:  In my everyday life, where am I telling myself I am living for God when I am really living for myself?

Less than 48 hours ago I had a fight with my husband, and while it was not one-sided, I nursed my anger and hurt for 24 hours.  That is little kingdom living, and drives home that point...

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...