Thursday, December 8, 2016

Tis the season...


Yep, tis the season...for Christmas letters.  How I hate trying to summarize the past twelve months into a few simple paragraphs that will fit neatly on one side of some pretty holiday stationery, and won't bore the socks off the recipients.  Half of the people on my Christmas card list are on FaceBook and see everything that goes on in my life anyway, and the other half I either talk to often enough  them to know everything, or I hardly ever talk to them so it would take 23 pages to fill them in because I just send them that annual Christmas greeting.   I enjoy getting Christmas cards, and I admit if a Christmas letter is more than three paragraphs, or has the name of every single grandchild, pet, and vacation spot visited, I lose interest quickly.  

Maybe I should start a new trend in Christmas letters.  Like offer a reward at the very end for the first person to actually read the entire letter and follow an instruction.  You know, maybe "return this letter to claim $10 off your next meal at Ruby Tuesdays."  Or perhaps just write a bullet paper, listing each month of the year and put an event for each month, or better yet, a picture of an event that happened that month.  I could also go the religious route, and select a Scripture verse to go with each month.  And I have blogged enough this year...in two separate blogs...to be able to just link blog entries from one of them for each month.

Well, whatever I decide, you, the lucky friend or family member, will get to regale at my genuine cavalier sense of humor and love of life.  That is if I feel like using a lot of ink to print that many copies.

Or I could always look on Pinterest.   

Not









No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...