Monday, April 22, 2019

Grownups are Silly!

Today was very fun, but very confusing.  Mommy said today is Easter, and then she dressed me in a very beautiful dress that poofed out and made me look like a cupcake.  Then we went upstairs and I ran around the house telling everyone "happy Easter!" and then, well, it got REALLY crazy!  First, Mommy gave me a basket with lots of candy and books and toys and stickers in it; she said it was from Teppy.  But Teppy is not here--she is far away near our old house that Daddy got rid of.  So how did all this stuff come here but Teppy is not here?  Then Mommy gave me more things from her--books, toys, and stamps--AND a card and a present from Daddy.  She read the card to me and said Daddy wrote it.  But Daddy is in the military and is at work in Spain.  Why didn't Daddy just bring the card here himself?  And then, she gave me a bag with a big stuffed animal that looks like a pig-unicorn, and a new book, and said those were both from Great Grandma Sheila--who ALSO is not here.  I mean, I like getting all these cool things and presents and stuff, but why can't these people just come themselves instead of making Mommy give it all to me?  

Anyway, next we went to church and everyone sang and stood up and sat down a lot.  I got bored and wanted to play, so Mommy took me to the play room where there were some other kids.  I wasn't even in play clothes, either!  Then after a while, Mommy came back and got me, and we went to ANOTHER big room, where all the kids got pretty buckets.  And guess what happened next?  We all went outside in the wet grass with our dressy clothes on, and the grownups came out and watched us run around in the grass. The bigger kids were picking things up and putting them in their buckets, so I started looking for things to put in my bucket, too.  There were colored plastic eggs all over the place!  I could tell there was something in the eggs, and I wanted to open it, but Mommy said, "No No just find more eggs!"  Well, I filled up my bucket all the way to the TOP!  And then a nice lady gave me a GIANT egg filled with things.  I was very excited and wanted to open all the eggs, but Mommy told me not until after my nap.  Sigh.  

When we got home, I ate some lunch, and took my nap, and when I woke up, I wanted to play with all my new toys and books, and I wanted to check out all those eggs.   Nope.  The grownups took me outside and said to look for MORE plastic eggs!  There were eggs on the porch, in the yard, and in the garden--and when I shook them I could hear stuff inside each one.  I was so so happy and wanted to open them all up!  So we went inside and then Mommy said we were going to have a fun time opening them, and she put two bags on the table.  She told me to open eggs, and to put any candy in one bag, and then the empty egg in another bag.  Some eggs had money in them, but most of them had toys or candy in them.  But I could not play with or eat any of it, so what was the point?  We got it all organized and separated, and then I had to leave it all there and go eat ham and green beans.  I just wanted candy.  But I did get some ice cream after dinner!  

After dinner I played with some things and did stamps and colored, but I especially liked this cool bouncy ball that when I throwed it, it would bounce all over the place and on the table and off the walls and it was hard to guess where it would end up.  That was a fun game.    Then it was time to count down to calm down and go to bed.  I was not tired.  I just wanted to play with my eggs and eat all that candy.  Nope, not happening says Mommy.  So, I went potty and brushed my teeth and went to bed, but I got Grandma to come down and sing to me a bunch of times.  

So, here is what I learned today--Easter is a day for dressing up and church and presents and candy, and the grownups hide eggs for the kids to find, and they get all happy when kids find the eggs.  Kids get to run around and around and do all this fun work finding the eggs (it is not hard because the adults just put them out in the open and the eggs are bright colors so it is super easy to find them!).   They also put things in the eggs, but they don't let you eat any of it.  And then they pile all the candy and stuff in a big bag and they put it up where kids cannot reach it.  Why don't the grownups just put the eggs in our basket instead of hiding them?  And why do they buy candy we aren't allowed to eat??!?

But hey, I am finding out that grownups do a lot of silly things, and a lot of it makes no sense to me.  But I know one thing for sure....

My grownups LOVE me!


No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...