Tuesday, October 24, 2023

You know you are alone when...

... you make too much conversation with the Starbucks barista 

... your spouse is more interested in channel surfing than sharing news about each others' days

... you talk to your dogs, ask them questions, and actually answer them

... your chickens seem happy to see you

... Jesus is the only one who truly understands you

... your phone doesn't ring or send you a notification except for reminders, ads, and robocalls

... you are actually glad when you get one of the above calls

... you're about to have surgery and none of your family will be there to take care of you

The most meaningful parts of my day involve other people's children, helping them learn, making sure they feel loved, giving them the time and attention my own family doesn't seem to want. 

I served my country, loved my family, took care of them when they were sad or sick or dying, celebrated with them when they were joyous, gave of myself until there was almost nothing left. No I didn't do it for anything in return, but now that I am older, and alone, and want someone to take care of me, to listen,

they are 

all

gone.



No comments:

Perspective

Why do parents and their kids react to phone calls (or any communication) with each other so differently? Whether they’re little or grown, w...