Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A quest for more

"A Quest For More" spoke to me in so many ways, validating many internal feelings and heartfelt emotions.  But the biggest ah hah moment came during my reading of the last chapter on disappointment.  Not because as a Christian I don't have disappointments, because all of us fall short of perfection and thus we are disappointing and can be disappointed in and by others.  No, the difference is the depth and the cause of disappointments.  See I expect earthly and human disappointments.  They are a part of life.  People disappoint me because that is part and parcel of human sinfulness.  Events happen that sadden me. Friends suffer and die.  Family members are unloving and hurtful.  People I love reject Jesus.  The world is full of evil, and seems to be growing more evil.  One of my favorite scriptures is the Song of Ascents in Psalm 121:   I look to the hills.   where does my help come? It comes from the Lord".  See,  my hope is in the Lord.  I am assured of my salvation.  I know where my help and my hope and my life come from.  So any and all of life's disappointments are nothing to me because I know I will be in a mansion with my God and my savior for eternity.

I cannot live in the past. Or worry about tomorrow.  Or try to control today.  I know He is with me always and will never forsake me.  Ever.  .   

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...