Monday, May 9, 2016

In search of peace and quiet



It's been quite a while since my last entry. Been a bit busy. Visited my in-laws in Tampa in separate senior care centers. Came back home. Volunteered at the store a couple days. Had an attorney appointment to get our affairs in order (doing a trust vs a will). Took my three granddaughters and their parents to Disney for a week. Had a blast. Went back home by myself. Volunteered about 16 hours. Alex back home for two days. Birthday dinner with Alexs brother and Mother's Day visits to my mom. Now we are headed down to Georgia to watch those lovelies for a few days. Ballet recital. Back home. Then to San Antonio for my BFFs  daughter's first birthday.  Home  again. Get ready for Isabella's birthday party--she'll be two on May 26. A puppy themed party. And carefully choreographed visits from my parents and Isabella's other grandparents. A chance in June to breathe for a couple of weeks. Maybe. Then more friends visit, and both daughters and families for the Fourth of July week. Mandy goes back to India after that, and takes those precious three babies with her.  I've been so busy since December I feel like I'm running nonstop, always moving, always looking to the next task or event on the calendar and still feeling like I'm not getting anything accomplished. It seems it was December just last month, but it's already May. Things I've looked forward to are either past or nearly over. A new granddaughter -- already three months old.  Mandy  and family stateside for six months after three years in India--four months gone.  I keep trying to get into a routine. I joined a local gym. Volunteer at a local domestic violence victim store. Excited about spring planting. But sometimes I just forget to slow down and talk to my God. To not just do something--to sit here. And listen. And breathe. And look. And praise Him. For everything. No wonder I'm tired. My strength comes from the Lord.  

"For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; in returning and rest shall you be saved, in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength." 

Isaiah 30:15



No comments:

Revisiting Mother's Day

Mother's Day...all the FaceBook posts of how great everyone's mom is or was, the poignant memories of mothers no longer with their c...