Friday, November 3, 2017

Hinds Feet on High Places



I am continuously worried, even anxious, about the future, the outcome of things I cannot/do not control (pssst: I don't control anything).  Long ago I read Hannah Hurnaud's "Hinds Feet on High Places" and its message resonated deep within me.  So many times I have felt (and still do feel) lost, attacked, puzzled, overwhelmed.  I have even been physically and spiritually attacked by Satan's angels. But, no matter what I did, how I tried to hide in myself, how I tried to look the other way and run from God's truth, He found me, held me, and enveloped me in His arms.  

The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk upon my high places."  Habakkuk 3:19

I am reading Hannah's book again, for probably the fifth or sixth time in the past ten years. I bought a hardcover copy this time, having given away at least eight copies to friends and acquaintances over the years. And I am reading it slowly, deliberately, thoughtfully, prayerfully.  I want to savor every word, every lesson, and listen for the Shepherd to call to me as He does to Much Afraid. I, too, yearn to reach my high places, to be with my Lord, and to reach it as effortlessly as does He.  But, like Much Afraid, I too am crippled and attacked by my Fearing relatives. 

I feel the seed of God's Love planted within my heart...and although it is painful, that seed sharply urges me to press on, to follow the Shepherd.  

To become more like him, and reach my high places

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...