Monday, April 11, 2016

A day of rest (?)


Thought I'd sleep in a bit Sunday, so I woke up at 8 and hit the snooze a couple of times.  Shouldn't have done that.  Went to take the dogs outside and found one of them couldn't wait.  Cleaned up a lot of dog poop.  A lot.   Let them out. Fed them. Had a cup of coffee.  Let them back outside.  Went to church.  Went to see mom to go out to lunch but she was just waking up.  Left to pick up her dog.  Back to the Oaks.  Lunch by myself, then shopping for granddaughters' dresses.  Back to the Oaks to get the dog.  Returned him to his new home.  Choir practice at 4:30. To the Oaks again, this time for dinner.  Waited 45 minutes while mom watched the Masters and chatted with everyone in the building.  Out to eat.  Tried to pretend I didn't hear her loudly comment on some gay patrons and how fat the server was.  Back to the Oaks for the fifth time today.  Then, finally, home by 9 pm.  Did two loads of laundry.  Took a bath.  Went to bed.  

I miss my Sunday naps

Good thing I find rest in God...





No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...