Sunday, November 20, 2016

God's Perfect Timing

So much on my mind tonight.  Joy, sadness, and awe.  

Joy for the precious grandchildren God has blessed us with, most recently Raina and Darrin--my eyes fill with tears as the house is finally full of my husband's laughter and the children's giggles. We have waited for over 10 years for this moment, there were times, I confess, we thought it would never arrive, but God works on His schedule, not ours. And the joy is all the sweeter, because it happened when God designed it to happen.

Sadness and yet anticipation for the wonders God will work for so many friends and neighbors struggling with illnesses, with legal issues, with financial woes. Two friends are at the end of their earthly lives, their loved ones praying by their side, waiting for their God and savior to take them to their Home.  Another person, whom I have never met, is right now fighting death, as hundreds of prayer warriors entreat God to work one of His wondrous miracles, and to heal his cancer-ridden body. And two dear friends are facing emotionally exhausting legal battles, due to no fault of their own, and God holds them in His capable hands.  

And, awestruck by His perfect timing. For last night, as I was taking my granddaughter, Raina, to the store to buy a couple of things for dinner, a guy on a scooter ran off our country road into a ditch. I almost thought he was just going off-roading, it happened so fast; I stopped the car, and it took me almost a minute to see where he went!  Had we not been there right at that moment, he would never have been found. You couldn't even see him from the road for all the leaves and the bridge and the sharp curve. He was laying in the leaves, his leg all twisted in a weird way, and he was moaning.  I called my husband, then 911, and waited for the EMS to come by. Meanwhile, I tried to keep him warm with my Clemson fleece jacket, and keep him calm, and prayed. The rescue squads came, they got that young man out of the ditch, and Lord willing, he is doing okay 

So many "coincidences." So yes, I trust Him to work all things out to His glory. He's done pretty good so far.   😉

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...