Saturday, September 9, 2017

Parles viux Francois?

So, I'm knitting a sweater for Sophie.  It's really pretty and I'm almost finished with it.  The yarn is super soft and multicolored (oh, and discontinued), and the pattern is on the yarn wrapper.  Directions are in English and French.  I bought the last three remaining balls of this yarn at Michaels last month.   The first set of instructions got destroyed and mangled by the vacuum. Grrr.  No problem.  I have two more.  

I unwrapped the second one.  My darling goat-dog, Haley, got a hold of that wrapper, and in 5 seconds, ate only the English instructions.  

On to wrapper #3. Two days later, I come in the house after just leaving Haley for five minutes, I sit down to knit, and what's left?  "Premiere Manche:  en com au bord du poignet de la premiere manche, monter 12 m "

I'm screwed.  Unless I can find the pattern.  

Thank goodness the pattern # didn't end up in Haley's stomach.  

Found the pattern.  I love the Internet. But Haley is on my list right now.  I'm not knitting her anything.  

But how, just HOW did she know to just eat the English instructions?


No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...