Thursday, January 10, 2019

Daddy's Girl



I love my mommy.  I mean, she is funny and pretty and she takes such good care of me.  She plays with me and cuts the peel off my cucumbers and apples.  You kids out there would love her.  So, Mommy, I love you to the moon and to the clouds.  I love clouds.  They’re fluffy. 

But even Mommy will tell you I really love my Daddy.  She calls me Daddy’s girl and loves taking pictures of me and Daddy.  He is funny and laughs a lot and he is really really REALLY strong; he throws me and swings me and catches me and lets me hang on his leg and he never gets tired.  We play outside and inside and laugh and he teaches me Japanese and sings songs to me that his grandmother sang when he was little.  When I was a little baby he used to do animal sounds for each of the animals on my mobile over my crib.  Oh and I love when he reads to me, especially Little Blue and Fox in Socks.  

There are so so many things about Daddy that make him special, but my favorite time with him is bath time.  Mommy and my Grandmas and Teppie give me baths, but I love Daddy baths best.  He has been giving me baths ever since I was a teeny teeny tiny baby.  He washes my hair and lets me play and I get to stay in the bathtub until all the water goes away, and then he wraps me in my froggie towel and I run around till he says it’s calm down time.  Then we watch a show while he brushes my hair over and over until it’s all dry. 


Tonight we went on a Morrow family trip—me and Mommy and Daddy.  We ate at a restaurant and I had ice cream.  Daddy smiled at me but he looked a little sad.  I think it’s ‘cause he is going on a long trip soon with the Navy.  I will miss him a lot. 

But grownups always come back.  


Right, Daddy?



No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...