Monday, January 28, 2019

Hey, my nose isn't working!

The other night when I was sitting on Grandpa's lap and he was reading me a book, I heard a funny sound:  when I breathed in, my nose whistled!  That was pretty funny.  Mommy looked in my nose and said I did not have any big boogers, though, so when Grandpa finished the story he and Mommy put me to bed.  I went right to sleep, and I woke up because I had to go potty.  I called, "Mommy, Mommy, I have to go potty!  I have to pee!  Mommeeeeeeeeee!"  She finally came, but it was too late, so she just changed me and then I slept with her in her giant bed.  But every time I put my fingers in my mouth like I always do when I get sleepy, it was hard to breathe, so I woke up a lot.  Mommy said I woke up too early, and tried to make me go back to sleep, but it wasn't working, so we got up and came upstairs to play.  Then Mommy got out a thermometer to give me a check-up, because she said I was very hot (which is silly because I felt really cold).  But she could not get the dumb thing to work, so she woke up Grandma, who came out and did my checkup in my ear, and that is when we found out I had a fever; Grandma said it was one o two point five.  Mommy was a little scared but Grandma said don't worry she will be okay.  

The whole rest of the day was pajama day for the big people, and play time for me.  Mommy and Grandma took my tempachure all the time, and had me drink drink drink.  This made me have to go potty...a lot...but that was fine with me because every time I peed on the potty, Grandma would give me M&Ms.  I love Ms...especially the black ones.  We watched movies and colored and played and had snacks like carrots and cucumbers and celery (all my snacks began with the letter C), and I took naps and cuddled and got medicine and even took a bath.  But my fever kept coming back, and my nose was really red and just not working really good, even with the medicine.  I went to bed but I could not sleep, and I woke up and cried, like "wah, wah, wah" and Grandma let me watch a dinosaur movie with her and she put smell good oils on my feet and on her hand and let me smell it.  So, my nose can smell things, but it does not let a lot of air in so I have to breathe through my mouth.  


When the movie was over, Mommy and Grandma said it was time for sleep because I needed my rest but I did not want to sleep I just wanted to play and go potty on my big girl potty and cuddle and read books and talk to Daddy and not be sick anymore and get all better like Daddy says to.  I was crying and a lot of stuff was coming out of my nose.  Mommy put me to bed in her big bed, Grandma put some oils in a little light that puts smell good mist in the air, and now, here I am, trying to sleep.  It is not easy, you know, sleeping with a nose that does not work good.   Have you ever had that happen to you?  Did your Mommy give you medicine?  Did you get better?  Did your nose start working again?  I hope my nose is working better soon, and that my fever will go away and not come back.

Because I want to go outside and go to school like a big girl.  



No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...