Monday, February 18, 2019

Tres Anos

Tres anos...that is what Grandma said to me tonight after dinner.  Uno, dos, tres...I am three years old now.  Well, not officially--Mommy says my birthday is really in two days, but I don't care if we had it on the wrong day because I got presents and ice cream and a balloon.  And we had a party at a Mexican restaurant where I got a quesadilla and lots of chips.  

Today started out pretty fun--I woke up and went into Mommy's bed and told her to wake up, wake up, and she said it was too early, but I wanted to come upstairs anyway to see Grandpa and go pee pee on the potty.  So Mommy said it was okay and I climbed up the steps holding the railing like a big girl.  Then I peed, and watched a little show; then I got into my chair and had some cereal that was all different colors, some milk, and a pear. Of course I had to pee again while I was in my chair so Grandma got me out, and then put me back after I peed.  After I finished eating, everyone got dressed for church except Uncle David and Mommy, because they were not feeling very good.  I think they are sick with the snotty nose thing I have.  

Next we went to church--just me and Grandpa and Grandma, and we got there in time for me to go in a room with other kids and learn about being kind.  The teacher helped me draw a heart, and then gave all the kids little bags with candy and lollipops in them.  When that was over, I went to the potty with Grandma, and then we went into the big room with lots of chairs and music.  I ate some snacks and pretended I was singing songs with the people and Grandma took me potty two more times, even though I did not have to go at all.  (I think she was nervous because I was wearing  my rainbow panties instead of a pull up.)  But when the music stopped Mr. Andy got up to talk and I was too tired so me and Grandma went to the playroom by ourselves.  Grandma can hear the talking in there, and I can play without getting in trouble.   We picked up, picked up, put away, then I went back to the big room and ran around with the other kids for a while.  I had so much fun!  But I had my fun, and now it was done, so I went home and pooped in the potty and then took a nap.  I think everyone else took naps too, because it took someone a while to come get me when I hollered.  

After nap, there were a whole bunch of presents on the big table in the living room, and I got to open them all.  All of them were just for me!  I got presents from Mommy and Daddy and Grandpa and even a big bag of presents from Teppie!  My favorite was the princess crayons.  But there was even more fun and surprises coming.  We all got in our car except Grandma--she went somewhere in her car--and we drove to our Mexican restaurant where the people are so so nice.  After we were there for a little bit, I saw Grandma coming in and she was holding a balloon!  A butterfly balloon!  It was so so pretty.  Then we had yummy food, and after I ate most of my dinner the people who make the food came out carrying a giant bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream and a candle on top, plus some funny hats for me, Uncle David, and Grandpa to wear.  They all sang Happy Birthday to me, and I got to eat all the ice cream myself. Mommy took my dress off because I was messy, so I stood up and ate it and got ice cream on my belly and my arm and all over the table.  It was delicious.  Grandma had to get a warm rag to clean me off, and then we went home.  

When I got home I peed and pooped again from all that ice cream and chocolate, and played with my balloon, and then Mommy had to clean out  my nose...it was full of snot and boogers and ice cream.  I cried and Grandpa held my legs so I couldn't kick Mommy.  I know I needed it, but I do not like it at all.  Mommy gave me medicine and put me in my pink PJs with the little girl Yeti on them.  Now I am going to sleep because it was a long and very happy day.  

The only thing that would make it better is if my daddy was here.  I miss him.  But he would be so proud of me for eating all that ice cream!



No comments:

Revisiting Mother's Day

Mother's Day...all the FaceBook posts of how great everyone's mom is or was, the poignant memories of mothers no longer with their c...