Thursday, November 18, 2010

Leave it to Jesus

I know, you probably thought I forgot about step 7. I almost did...this is a hard one for me (maybe for you too?). “Be humble and you will never be disturbed. It is very difficult in practice because we all want to see the result of our work. Leave it to Jesus.”

I love being in control--being in charge, knowing what is next, what's going on, what is on my list, what is getting done, who is coming to dinner, what I am having for dinner, how we are doing on the budget, when can we retire, do I have everyone's birthday cards, where are we going for vacation, do I have all the Christmas shopping finished, am I a good enough Christian/mom/wife/daughter/friend/worker. Enough to make anyone tired, isn't it? So, this little bit of advice from Mother T is the biggest one for me-- Leave it to Jesus.

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...