Thursday, November 4, 2010

Open your eyes...

Continuing in my steps to a holier life (borrowing from Mother Teresa)--

Simply put, "open your eyes, each one of them is Jesus in disguise"

I don't know about you, but I have people I deal with every day--coworkers, people I don't even know--drivers, panhandlers on the street corner, customer service folks, workers, bank reps, etc.--that drive me to the brink of insanity. These are people who I am apt to categorize as "irritating" or "pains in the butt" or "not worth my time" or "exasperating". I sometimes, or to be honest, oftentimes look down on them as less important than me, or less "Christian" than me. And even if that is only for a fleeting moment, that is wrong--we are all created in God's image, and we are all "Jesus in disguise".

And, when others are seemingly judgmental of me or my beliefs, I must open my eyes and see "Jesus in disguise" in them as well, and not be tempted to become cynical or critical or harsh or defensive, even if those who are critical of me are friends or loved ones.

God created us all in His image, and He did not make any mistakes! Amen!

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...