Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Make some Room!


Continuing with the seven steps...Step 2: Make some room: Mother Teresa said: “If you are discouraged it is a sign of pride because it shows you trust in your own power. Your self-sufficiency, your selfishness and your intellectual pride will inhibit His coming to live in your heart because God cannot fill what is already full. It is as simple as that.”

Lately I have been feeling discouraged about not learning certain things fast enough, or feeling like I am not doing enough (whatever that means), or that my kids no longer "need me", or (and the list goes on). Common thread? I am counting on "me" or "my" feelings to fill that void, instead of counting on God to fill it. I need to work on overcoming pride--cleaning that pride out of inner self would make room for God to work HIS magic in HIS time.

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...