Sunday, February 15, 2015

Perpetual Cuteness in Perpetual Motion

I know I may be biased, but this kid is cute, and I mean cute.  She is two, she is independent, she likes to do everything “myself,” she is a daredevil, but most of all, she is just so stinking cute!  And, after having been here visiting Mandy and Brian and kids for over a week, and spending nearly every waking hour with them, I can safely say granddaughter #2, Molly, is in perpetual motion.  I mean she is either climbing, walking, running, pushing, jumping, or dancing every waking moment.  She is a whirling dervish—that, and the cuteness factor make candid photos a huge challenge. I am constantly taking photos of this child, most of them not in focus, yet I still am conflicted when deciding to delete any of them!  I even bought a new camera before I left the states, primarily, I thought, for taking pictures of birds since they are small and move around a lot.  (I truly enjoy birding…yes, I am a nerd).   I merely planned on getting used to my new “birding” camera to document our trip to Belgium, India and Crete. And if I took great photos of Belgium, Mandy and Brian and the beautiful kids, and Crete along the way, bonus, right?  How hard is it to take great photos of beautiful places and adorable grandchildren, right?  Harder than you might think, it turns out.  But well worth it.  So far I have over 300 photos of JUST our time here in India!

And, by the way, I have attempted to hone my bird photography skills, but the darn birds just don’t hold my attention long enough to warrant more than a few token snapshots.  I guess I will be practicing when I get back home.  And little Miss Molly makes flitty flighty birds look like they are in slow motion!












No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...