Tuesday, August 30, 2016

All in a year's work


A year ago my sisters begged us to pick up mom's belongings and move them to our place; a year later they are harassing us to take her belongings back to a storage facility

A year ago Mom made me her power of attorney; a year later she and my sister revoked same power of attorney 

A year ago mom was ill and had no money but lots of bills; a year later her health and finances are stable--for now

A year ago we were looking into affordable senior housing and had mom all but moved into it when my sisters sabotaged it; a year later my sisters are looking into affordable senior living near them 

A year ago both sisters were more than happy for me to be mom's caregiver; a year later both sisters are convinced they should take over 

A year ago we were on our own. No support, no help, except from God; a year later all our support is from God, our church, and our friends and children 

A year ago I couldn't see the way forward or figure out how I'd handle this new responsibility; a year later I am breathing s sigh of relief as I transfer this responsibility to someone else 

A year ago I just knew it'd only be a matter of time before Mary Beth would undo all our work; a year later Mary Beth has moved mom in with her undoing all our work


Funny the difference a year makes 

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...