Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Forgive and forget

"bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive."  Colossians 3:13

Yep.  Another one straight to the heart.  This and the accompanying commentary from my "Everday Prayers" by Scotty Smith made me squirm uncomfortably.  Like Scotty, I too have two (at least!) faces that come to mind when I reflect on who I haven't forgiven.  I cannot forgive alone.  I must give these folks over to God as well as my bitterness towards them.  And let Him soothe me. It's a daily struggle.  But He has forgiven me.  Even for things I haven't even done yet.   Prayers please to help me forgive and forget all but what Jesus did by dying for me.  

No comments:

Revisiting Mother's Day

Mother's Day...all the FaceBook posts of how great everyone's mom is or was, the poignant memories of mothers no longer with their c...