Saturday, March 4, 2017

Like a Wildflower



I love all my children, and I absolutely adore my grandchildren.  I don't have favorites, and I love them equally, but I love them in different ways.  Each one of them means something special to me; each of them is a wonderful, irreplaceable, priceless gift from God.  When I had only one grandchild, I was blogging constantly, posting photos all over the place--I was obsessed.  Then came two, and I was still quite active on the web, but less so.  Then three, four, five....and now six!  I post photos, and quips, and videos.  And yes, I am even more obsessed and in love with them than before.  But I must apologize for my scanty blogs of late--I spend most of my time on FaceTime or FaceBook videochat with one or several of the grand babies.  Or visiting them.  Or shopping for them.  So that means less time sharing them with you.  



Most recently, I spent two glorious weeks with our youngest grandchild, Sophie, (and her parents) celebrating her first birthday.  I reveled in every moment, every giggle, every snuggle, every smile. We played together, ate together, took walks together, napped together, read books together, and laughed a lot together.   I am totally and utterly captivated by this little being.  My daughter (her mommy) planned Sophie's birthday party around a wildflower theme: totally appropriate.  Sophie is spontaneous, sunny, pops up and thrives wherever she is planted, and brightens up the room wherever she is.  She wakes up happy, goes to bed happy, and is easy to take care of.  She is an absolute joy.  




Sophie Jo is one.  And she has stolen my heart, (which of course she will share with Lydia, Molly, Isabella, Raina, and Darrin).

But, being the wildflower that she is, that is just fine with her.  Because wildflowers look best when not alone.  




No comments:

Perspective

Why do parents and their kids react to phone calls (or any communication) with each other so differently? Whether they’re little or grown, w...