Thursday, June 6, 2019

More is Less


Our lives just became infinitely more complicated yet glaringly more simple. 

More complicated because there are suddenly four generations in our house, ages 3-78. Plus four dogs and a cat.   

Simpler because now we know where everyone is and all the rooms are full.  

More complicated because my brother is mentally handicapped,  my stepmom has advanced bladder cancer, my daughter and her little girl are in limbo waiting for hubby/daddy to return from deployment, and me and Alex?  Well, we are just trying to catch our breath. 

Simpler because we are family and together and we love each other.   

God has orchestrated it all and will continue to do so.  I have been praying for guidance and discernment and wisdom and relief from a need to be in control.   He has thankfully answered all these prayers as only He knows how.  Not the way I thought He would.  Not even the way I would have chosen.   But of course, the only perfect way.  His way.  

Complicated.

Simple.



I love you, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:1-2)

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...