Sunday, June 2, 2019

Too early for the tooth fairy

A couple of days after Easter, I went back to school--nothing new or different--until later that day when Mommy came to Miss Lisa's to pick me up.  We were all outside, me and all my friends, playing and having fun, and then I saw Mommy and I ran to her and started to cry.  My teacher told her "I think she fell and hurt her lip earlier" and I just held on to Mommy.  We got home and I was just tired and did not feel very good, so we watched a lot of Nature Cat and Baby Shark, and I tried to eat something but my mouth hurt.  So I went to bed, but couldn't sleep.  Grandma came down and laid with me for a while, and then she felt my back and said I was very hot.  I did not feel hot...I felt very cold.  Mommy came down and they took my tempachure and gave me medicine and looked at my lip, and Grandma said something about an infection, like bugs or something were living in my face, and I started to cry.  Mommy and Grandma took me to the hospital to see why my face was puffy and hot.  

I really like the hospital.  There are cool doors that open like magic, and I get a bracelet with my name on it, and they give me a mask with cool dinosaurs on it.  Everyone is super nice and they make Mommy not be so scared, so that makes me very glad.  This time a doctor came in with the nurse and he looked at my mouth and said I had to go home and take medicine, and then tomorrow I should go to a dentist.  We had a dentist come to Miss Lisa's Kiddiegarten last week, so I was excited about going to see a dentist!  The dentist gives you stickers and a cool new toothbrush.  Anyway, I thought I would get stickers.  I didn't.  I just got more medicine, had to go to another dentist, who then sent us home because he said my face was too puffy for them to fix.  But, I got a bracelet and a moose.  And Sweet Frog with sprinkles on it.  

A week later we went back to the dentist and they put a funny mask on my nose  and let me spin in a big chair and made me laugh.  Then they poked me with really really REALLY sharp needles.  I cried and screamed really loud and Mommy kept saying I was such a big girl.  I did not feel like a big girl at all.  It hurt very bad.  Then the dentist took out my tooth and he had to pull and pull until it popped out.  It was huge.  I got lots of toys and stickers after that, and more Sweet Frog.  Then we went home and I had to eat soft mushy food until my tooth hole didn't hurt.  I talked to Daddy on the phone and he told me he was so proud of me and how he loved me so very much.  

Now it is all healed, and there is still a hole there, but I like to show everyone how big it is.  Mommy thinks my new tooth is coming in early because I keep chewing on things, but I just like how it feels.  Especially my new squishy toys like my cousin Hadley's.  Oh, and I can fit a straw through the hole with my mouth closed!  It is so cool! And I got a Nature Cat stuffed animal (Squeakers) from the tooth fairy!!

I think Mommy is going to have a nervous breakdown.  At least that is what Grandma says.

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...