Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A job well done

Yesterday I filed my taxes and thought of my daughters, Mandy and Becky. See, I've always done their taxes as well and over the years I've tutored and mentored them through the IRS maze of tax codes. They'd need me right? I had already asked Mandy who did their taxes and she has a friend who takes care of them. So I texted Becky and asked her if she had any issues with hers. Nope. Did you file the schedule C okay? Yup. Need any help? Nope. Drat! I know, I know...why am I surprised?  Heck, Mandy is raising three little girls in a developing country overseas, and Becky has weathered three deployments of her Navy hubby AND she's selling her house while he's still deployed. Yup, we've raised two very capable daughters who have blossomed into wonderful young women. My job is done. No longer needed. Time for act two...Nana time!!

Seriously, though, too often I base my sense of worth on who or how I am needed. Or what I can do well. In reality, my worth is in Christ, and it is me who needs Him. 


No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...