Friday, July 29, 2016

Crazy is as crazy does part 2



glutton for punishment. Someone who habitually takes on burdensome or unpleasant tasks or unreasonable amounts of work.

That is what I feel like this week. I am sure my picture is in the Webster Unabridged Dictionary of Idioms right next to this phrase; soon, my photo will show up on Google whenever someone searches for this term. But of course those who have been following this blog already know that. Many of you have told me this. Or asked me why I keep trying to help someone who obviously wants no help, and why I continue to try to rescue my family members from themselves, when it is obvious they will repeat the same behavior over and over and over and over. Well, folks, you will be relieved and happy to know the circus is almost over, the fat lady has almost finished singing, and the crazy train is leaving the station. Without me in it.  

I recently filed for guardianship of my mom, and have a hearing on Monday morning.  

Mom has been served by the Sheriff, and I have notified both sisters

One of my sisters told me she is picking Mom up Monday, but I have NO idea if she is coming to the hearing.

My mom just revoked the power of attorney and health care POA.

My sister is being duplicitous, deceptive, and secretive, and continues to harangue and bully me via countless texts and phone calls, asking the same question over and over and over...when she already knows the answer. The same sister who begged me to help her time and time and time again.  

I have no pearls of wisdom, or Scriptural contexts, for this post.  I am exhausted emotionally and physically.  

But I know spiritually I will be okay...

Especially after Monday

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...