Monday, November 26, 2018

Being Adorable is Hard Work

Hmmm....where were we?  Oh yeah, I was going to bed.  Okay, so I went to bed after I brushed my teeth, and then Grandma and Grandpa went upstairs.  Of course I pulled the "wait, sing me a song" trick at least three times, and, being grandparents, they fell for it.  Because I am adorable.  That is what everyone says--so it must be true.   It is very exhausting--being adorable--because I slept a long, long time--Grandma said it was almost 8 o'clock.  Of course, I cannot tell time, but she seemed pretty impressed.  She hugged me when I said "good morning, grandma, I had sweet dreams!" and laughed and laughed and said I was adorable.  Then I played with my Doc McStuffins vet check station, and then we went upstairs to eat breakfast (after a diaper change, of course).  

Since David and Grandpa were already gone for the morning, it was just me and Grandma and the doggies.  We played kitchen, and read books, and watched a show together, and then Grandpa came home for lunch and to put me down for my nap.  It took me a while to go to sleep, because I wanted to be upstairs with Grandpa and tell him about my morning, but he was busy looking at his flat book screen on his lap, and Grandma said it was nap time anyway.  Even though I wasn't tired!  Well, I guess Grandma knows best, because I slept for a long time!  She tried to wake me up once, but I said "No thank you.  I am sleeping," so she let me sleep another long long time.  

When I woke up, she called me adorable (again), and said we were going to go out to the park.  I was SO excited!   I jumped up and down and said "I am so excited!"  So she put me in my car seat, and then we drove down the road to another building, where David plays during the day.  David got in the car, and I was so excited because I just KNEW the next stop was the park!  We got to another building, and I got out of my car seat and we were outside.  I was happy because, like Daniel Tiger says, nature puts a smile on your face!  But then Grandma and David started walking towards a building, and I said "no no no!"  I mean, seriously, there was no park in that building.  But Grandma said I had to wait just five more minutes, then we would go to the park.  Doesn't she know I cannot tell time???  But I went with her, and a man came out to see us.  The man was wearing all black clothes and a gun and he had a badge on, and he gave David some papers.  I was sad because I wanted to go to the park, not this place, and then the man asked me if I would like a stuffed animal.  I said YES PLEASE and he gave me a beautiful zebra--we named her Zoe--and he said I was adorable.  Well, whatever it means, it was worth it!

Next we stopped at McDonalds, and I had apple slices and apple juice.  By now I am thinking we are never going to the park, so I just hug Zoe and go with the flow, and eat my apple slices.  But then, guess what?  We went outside, and there was a giant park--with a big slide, and steps, and a tree house and, better than that, PUDDLES!  I played and played and played, until I was wet wet wet, and we went back home.  Grandma had to take off my wet clothes, so I asked pretty please could I wear my princess costume.  Of course, she said--because I am, you guessed it, adorable.  We called mommy and Grandma sent pictures to her and then we played and colored.  Grandpa made a yummy dinner for everyone, but I only wanted rice and carrots and applesauce.  I did not want the green ball things--Grandma called them spare-guts, I think.  They were yucky.  So Grandpa gave me some penguin crackers and made me laugh and laugh. 

Before I knew it, it was bedtime.  Again!  So we read a story, and grandpa shared some cheesecake with me, and he and Grandma put me to bed.  I was very very sleepy.  Being adorable sure makes me tired!  I was too tired to even poop today--I will save that for the morning!  

Lesson for today--being adorable is fun.  And exhausting!

Sophie Jo




No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...