Thursday, November 29, 2018

Time Out

“Grandma I had sweet dreams!” I hollered up the stairs and like magic, there she was!  She’s amazing!   She came downstairs and we played with my doll house and I put a baby in her crib and sang to her so she’d sleep.  Then I heard Grandpa upstairs and I ran ran ran real fast to the gate at the bottom of the steps and hollered for him.  Grandma lifted me over the gate and I went up the steps...one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, ELEVEN!  I opened the door and said “Grandpa Grandpa Grandpa I had sweet dreams!”  And he picked me up and hugged me real tight.  I love Grandpa. 

After breakfast I put my socks on all by myself, and then me, Grandpa and Grandma got in the car and drove to the big decoration store like the one near my house.  Except the one here only has things on shelves.  They don’t have snow and a bench to sit on like Daddy's store.  Anyway, Grandpa is like Daddy—he looked at tools and long sticks. I just liked jumping on the big flat carts with wheels.  That was fun!  Then we left and went to lunch and I had some of Grandma’s cheese and meat and bread.   But my favorite was the chocolate milkshake.  Grandpa helped me get every single drop!  



After that it was the usual—home, nap, woke up, poop, play, and play some more.  Grandma played with me downstairs and we watched her Judge Judy show, but then it was time for her to go to a ladies' night.  I don't know why I couldn't go, I mean, I'm a girl, right?  So, when Grandma said to pick up pick up, I said no a bunch of times and then laid on the floor kicking.  Grandma put me on my bed for a "time out," and talked to me about obeying right away and not getting mad.  I cried and wanted to hug her, so we hugged and then I helped her pick up my blocks and we went upstairs. It wasn't bad, this time out.  But I don't like sitting still, so I am going to try to obey.  I talked to Daddy and Mommy about the time out--Daddy told me to be good.  I am trying SO hard!  Next, though, there was a surprise! Aunt Teppy was on the picture phone!  I miss her.  We talked and shared kisses and hugs.  It was awesome. 

The rest of the night I played, we watched a lady sing the Elsa "Let it go" song in about five different languages!  I loved all of them.  I didn't even notice when Grandma put me in my chair to eat!  Grandpa made me grilled cheese and some cucumber slices and water in my cup, Grandma put me in my PJs, and then Grandma and Uncle David left to go to the bowling alley again, and Grandpa put me to bed.  I barely had time to write this--he heard me making a little noise and opened the door, so I better go!  

Night Night!

Love you guys!

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...