Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Cancer

My mother-in-law, who I call Mom,  is the sweetest person I have ever met.  She is my strength, my prayer warrior, my role model, and of course, the mother of my husband.  She is supposed to live forever, and be there for me.  But the past 45 days have been really scary for me.  She had a heart attack and then a month later was even sicker with low blood counts.  After two more admissions and a lot of tests, we got news that knocked us straight onto our knees.  Connie has colon cancer--they discovered a large mass yesterday, and it is malignant.  She needs surgery ASAP.   Her surgeon and cardiologist cannot agree on anything.  She is supposed to be invincible.

I miss her.  I need her.  But God is teaching me to rest in Him, to rely on Him.  To count on Him.  I cannot make her better.  I can pray.

Cancer really sucks.

But I find peace and assurance in knowing her name is written in the Book of Life.  That we will spend eternity together.


No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...