Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lydia's Adventures, Day 1

At 1330 we dropped off my mommy and daddy at the airport. They hugged me and kissed me a lot. Mommy looked sad and then she put me back in the car. Then Nammy (who keeps calling herself Nana--I do not know why) said "let's go Lydia!" and off we went to Chic-Fila!" I had my own big girl milk and some chicken and some waffle potatoes, but really all I did was suck the ketchup off them. Then I slept all the way home. Here is a picture of me at Chic Fila.

From 2:45 on....

After my nap in the car, Nammy mixed some applesauce with Greek Yogurt...hmmm. I wonder if the yogurt came from Greece? It sure was good. I wanted to do it myself. As you can see, I did really well. Then, we went swimming in my pink pool (and yes, Mommy, Nammy put TONS of that sunscreen stuff all over me...). I put grass and bugs in the pool, and saw two buses, ten trucks, a helicopter, and lots of birds and bees. And bees go BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Well, that swimming is hard work. Nammy watered the garden--mommy told her to make sure to water the veggies. It was funny because when she turned off the hose it squirted her in the face.

We then had dinner--fish, cheese grits, and more yogurt with applesauce. I ate all of Nammy's fish. She is going to get nice and skinny! Then we folded diapers, and I put on my new whale PJs...see? And then we went for a walk, and had my milk, my Bible story, prayer, and bedtime. I was sound asleep by 1845. (that is 6:45 for you non-military people...)

Good night! Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite. Dream of the angels. Don't take any wooden nickels!

Love you,

Lydia Anne



No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...