Sunday, May 15, 2011

Duck Derby


After my nap, and after a lunch of cottage cheese and plums, we went to the 10th annual Duck Derby. There were lots of people there, music, and a man kept saying something about going to the river to see ducks. So Nammy and I went over there and saw people in orange shirts holding baskets. We saw some geese swimming, and some tubes in the water, but no ducks. But the man said there were going to be 25,000 ducks. That is a lot of ducks. But all I saw was some yellow dots floating around. I was tricked! I thought there were going to be 25,000 real ducks! People were hollering and clapping and i don't know why

We later saw ponies and a petting zoo but they were charging $3 for petting sad goats and a camel. Nammy says camels spit and the ponies looked hot. We also got a fruit slushy--made with strawberries and bananas, no artificial sweetener--and a hot dog on a stick. Yum.

then i had a major blowout--time to go!

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...