Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Christmas is coming!!!


Ok Sophie fans, especially Liz.  I know, I know it’s been a long time since you’ve heard from me.  It has been absolutely crazy here.  I am so off my schedule I don’t know what’s going on most the time.  So let’s see.  Hmmmm.  Last time I wrote you guys there was a snowstorm and the power was broken and I couldn’t watch my shows.  Not even Nature Cat.   But Mommy was here and I was sooooo happy.  But I already talked about that.  Last week we got to ride on four airplanes to visit Great Grandma and some other peoples at another place.  But guess who was there??   DADDY!!  Daddy daddy daddy daddy!!!  I hugged and hugged him and he was oh so happy to see me.  We visited and then we got dressed in fancy clothes and went to a big church where a man in a long coat talked about my Great Grandpa, but he wasn’t even there.   Everyone cried and was so sad and then there were sailors shooting guns and folding a flag that they gave to Great Grandma. Then we ate and went back on the airplanes.    We got home and I didn’t wake up until lunch time the next day. 

The next few days I played and took naps and Mommy kept kissing me.  Grandma was gone for a whole day and when she came home with Grandpa, she was very tired and Mommy and Daddy said I could not get on her lap because she had a boo boo.  I was sad about that but I kissed her legs a lot.  Mommy kept getting packages in the mail too.  Some she took upstairs and hid them.  Others were clothes and slippers and boots for me.  I have a lot of clothes.  A lot.  On Sunday we went to a Mexican food place and it was pretty good, but I like the one near our house better.  I started feeling sad and kept telling Daddy and Mommy I just wanted to go home. But Mommy says my home is with Grandma and Grandpa now.  What happened to our other house? But we do eat a lot of yummy things and grandparents sure do give a lot of presents even though it’s not even my birthday.  The best thing though so far?  CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!  We got a tree and the grownups kept bringing boxes down from upstairs somewhere.  Every time I went to sleep, when I woke up there were more decorations!!  There were lights and angels and snowmen and big socks hanging on the fireplace and music boxes and things everywhere.  Mommy keeps telling me not to touch, and Daddy says “look with your eyes baby girl” but I don’t know how I can just look!  I HAVE to touch them!  I just have to!  

Well yesterday there was a surprise outside.  I closed my eyes and when I opened them, there were shiny lights everywhere and penguin blow up things in the yard!   I wanted to stay out forever, and thought I’d never get happier. I was wrong!  Today we went to see Santa at a store and he was the real Santa—not a fake scary Santa like you see other places. (I could tell by his laugh and his jingle bells on his boots).  I ran to him and hugged and kissed him and sat on his lap a long time.   Then we had lunch and a nap and then we put lots and lots of pretty shiny toys on the tree and it was so beautiful.  It gets better though...Mommy put even MORE lights outside AND a blow up Santa.  

You probably know I am soooooo sleepy after all this fun.  So good night everyone.  Too bad Grandpa fixed the gate because now I can’t climb the steps and go “surprise!”   Oh well.  At least I won’t get a spanking again.  But I know Santa still loves me!  He told me so...



No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...