Saturday, December 1, 2018

Puddles!

I had so much fun today...best day ever, Mommy and Daddy!  I got up, played, and Grandma dressed me, and then when Grandpa walked the dogs, Grandma took me outside with her.  I put on my boots all by myself, and Grandma put my raincoat on me, and we played and played.  I splashed in so many puddles--I jumped in them, I touched the water with my hands--it was so cold--and then I jumped in them some more.  Then, Peanut Butter the cat followed me around for a while.  Then, I wanted to splash more, but Grandma said time to go in and eat some food.  So, I ate some food and drank some milk, and then Grandpa and I played some fun games.  First he let me jump on the bed, and then we played "keep Sophie from standing up."  That was so so fun.  Grandpa is the best toy ever.  He makes me laugh a lot. And, he made me oh so tired for my nap.

After nap, Grandpa put on one of my bestest movies--Kung Fu Panda.  We watched it until it was time to go bye bye.  I didn't know where we were going, but I was ready for puddles again with my boots and my raincoat.  We went to this really neat place where there was a fire engine to climb on, and sand pits to play in. I played a lot while Grandma ordered some coffee for her headache.  Then we walked some more in the rain, and went under a roof to see all these different things.  People were selling all sorts of stuff--fishes, bowls, food, earrings, and pictures, but my favorite place was where Miss Thea was--Miss Thea is going to be my teacher, Grandma says.  She had crayons and markers and paper and clay and sticks and stickers and cheerios.  I made cards and played for a long long time, and I did not want to leave, but Grandpa said I could jump in some more puddles, so I went with him and splashed more and jumped and got Uncle David wet.   He just laughed at me.

We went to this place to eat that had a giant snowman and elephants and lots and lots of food.  I had carrots and cucumbers and noodles and green beans and chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and sprinkles.  It was the best. I got very messy and ate three of those cookies that have paper inside them.  When we got home, I played and dumped toothpicks everywhere and Grandpa said NO NO NO, and he told Grandma I was out of control.  So Grandma cleaned my face and told me it was time to calm down, and she put me in my jammies, and then Uncle David read me Good Night Gorilla--he is a good story reader.  He talks to me like a person, not like a baby.  I love him.  He made me very sleepy, though, so I am going to bed now.  




Night night

Sophie Jo

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...