Friday, December 21, 2018

Fingerprint Reindeer and Gingerbread Trains

I forgot to tell you something we did yesterday--we each made an ornament with a reindeer on it.  Not with paint or crayons--but with our fingerprints.  Mommy showed me how to do it and made hers first, and then Daddy helped me make mine; he helped me stick my finger on the ink and then on the paper.  They all came out so different--Grandpa's and Mommy's were so pretty, and Daddy's looked just like the one on the package; Grandma's reindeer was fluffy, mine was a little baby reindeer (oh he is so cute!), and Uncle David's reindeer got hit by a car, I think...his reindeer parts were all over the place!

Today we had a great time just staying home most of the day, and taking naps, and eating and playing.  This morning I wore my pretty dress up costume and danced around like a princess until Daddy made me take it off for nap time...I got real mad and said NO NO NO and then I got a spanking.  I do not like spankings, but I was not listening to Daddy so he had to talk to me about that.  Then I cuddled with him and he sang a bunch of songs to me, and I took a long, long nap.  When I woke up, Grandma and I put together a Gingerbread Train--it was fun and had lots of icing and my best thing...CANDY!  I put lots of candy on it, but I will tell you a secret:  I ate some of it too!  It came out so pretty and I cannot wait to eat it! 


After that we ate dinner, and watched a Christmas show, and then I took a fun bath and played with Daddy and my bath toys, but after that Daddy had to clean my ears and my nose.  I really hate that part, but afterward I got hugs and cuddled with Mommy.  Then Mommy brushed my hair while Daddy read "Little Blue" to me--a book about a little whale and her daddy whale and how they love each other and the daddy whale takes care of Little Blue and loves her oh so much.  And Little Blue can always find the daddy by listening for his song.

Yawn......

Good night everyone.  


No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...