Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Grandpa is fun, but...

...he is a lot more fun when Grandma is around, that's for sure!  I don't know what happened, but two wakeups ago, Grandma gave me a kiss while I was in my high chair, and she left and didn't come back until today.  In fact, she came back while I was in my high chair!  How did she do that?  Anyway, while she was gone, Grandpa was just not as much fun.  He tried to do everything okay, and he took me to the park and the store and out to eat, but at home he was just very sad.  I think he missed Grandma.  I know I did.  I missed her laugh and I missed her kissing me everywhere all the time.  I missed her playing hide and seek with me, and I even missed her making me clean up, clean up every day.  Grandpa was very serious about me eating, and I think I hurt his feelings when I did not want to eat the almond butter sandwich he made me.  Or the potato (yuk).  And then he mixed foods together, like fruit in my ice cream.  What?!  I like fruit, and I like ice cream, but not mixed together!  That is just crazy.  

Today, Grandma was home.  She played with me, she turned off the show, and she sat with me.  I hugged her a long long time, and was so happy she was here.  I helped her mop the fuzzies off the floor, and she taught me new words.  She let me color in my high chair, and she understood me when I said I wanted vegetables, and she made me laugh.  She gave me a long bath with bubbles, and played with my bath toys, and let me wear my froggie robe around the house.  And Grandpa, well, he was his old self.  He tickled me and hugged Grandma, and we group hugged while Grandma cried.  She was happy but sad at the same time.  Wherever she was for those days, it made her very sad.  I am glad I make her happy.

Oh, and folks, I ate all my dinner tonight, and all my snack, and Grandma and Grandpa both tucked me in, and I am YAWNNNNNNNNN oh so very very very sleepy.

Good night

Don't let the bed bugs bite.

No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...