Sunday, December 30, 2018

Christmas Week!

Disclaimer from Sophie’s Grandma:  Sophie has been very busy the past week. She apologizes for the delay.  

Best. Week.  Ever!  

It has been so so busy here!  I have learned how to squish dough with a long wooden thing, and I got to wear an apron helping grandma make  candy cane bread.  We got flour everywhere.  Then we baked it and then we went to church and grandma read me a story about baby Jesus and Daddy read one about Santa. 


And then I woke up one morning and it was Christmas!  I came upstairs and it was beautiful!   Like a fairy land!  There were lights and sparkles and glitter and even snow.  Well not real snow but I love playing with it because it is like clouds. I wanted to keep playing with the snow but then daddy got me my milk and some of that bread we made.  I didn’t like the bread though.  Next Mommy was handing boxes with pretty paper on them to everyone.  Me and my Uncle David got the most presents. I got a big bear and a play rocket-ship and books and dresses and a chalkboard and candy and so many things mommy had to move my other toys downstairs to make room.  I played and played all day and we ate a lot of candy.  

Since that day it has been oh so wonderful.  My great grandma came to visit me and another Uncle Dave was here.  That Uncle Dave dresses funny—he was wearing a hat and shoes and a coat but was wearing shorts.  He kept saying he was cold and I asked him where are your pants?  Everyone laughed.  I don’t know why.  They laugh a lot at stuff I say. But he left and so did great grandma so it was just the six of us again. One two three four five six.  Pick up sticks. 

Tonight Grandma’s friends came here and they are fun.  I like them. So much is going on here.  I get tired but I hate being tired but it’s the way it is.  Mommy and Daddy and Grandma keep asking me to go potty on the big girl potty all the time.  I don’t see why.  It takes too much time and I cannot play in my rocket ship if I’m on the potty.  One time though I pooped on the potty and everyone clapped.  And I got six m&ms. 

Maybe this potty idea will be fun.  

Just not now.  


No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...