Saturday, December 22, 2018

Musical Beds


We had fun today--breakfast with Santa (a different Santa--I think he was a helper), shopping, eating, napping, all that stuff.  I was dressed really pretty like a sugar plum fairy, Grandma said.  Grandpa says I am a princess, and Mommy and Daddy just keep saying things like "doh" and "she's so sweet." I have been feeling angry and sad, though, lately--I say no to Daddy and to Mommy, I want to eat then I don't want to eat, and I cry when Daddy leaves the room, even for a minute.  When I first got my big girl bed, I was going to sleep really good...but now everyone talks about schedules and calendars and Mississippi and there is a lot of crying.  We are not in Mississippi--we are at Grandma's and Grandpa's house in North Carolina.  

I am just confused.  I miss my house.  I miss Aunt Teppy and Uncle Reggie and my other friends and I miss my room and our house.  Now we live here, but the big people keep talking about how much Daddy is going to miss me, or they ask what day is Daddy leaving.  Hey...I may only be two years old, but I am going to be three really soon, and I know what everyone is saying.  It makes me sad and mad inside.  And I cannot get to sleep easy like before.  I tell them I am tired, and I am ready for bed, but then I stay awake, and someone hears me talk, and they come down.  When Grandma comes down she sits on my big girl bed and sings me lots of songs, and then tells me goodnight sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite dream of the angels don't take any wooden nickels I love you see you in the morning.  And I pretend I am going to sleep.  She makes me feel calm and loved, but I still miss my Daddy.  I stay very very quiet so they do not hear me upstairs on the little two way speaker thing.  And I try to go to sleep in my bed.  But I want to sleep with Mommy and Daddy.  So I go in their room, and wait for them to come downstairs.  They will be down here soon.  Then I can snuggle with them.  

Hurry up guys I am getting really sleepy here...

I am just going to close my eyes for a minute...

Yawn............


(Note from Sophie's mommy:  Here is what I found when Ben and I came to bed)



No comments:

On the False Pursuit of Appreciation

Here I am, sitting in a beautiful log home that would be the envy of most, on a gorgeous sunny day in the mountains of North Carolina.  I SH...